Páginas

martes, 23 de julio de 2013

Oneshot Wonders

When I don't feel like starting an everlasting series, but rather prefer something quick to read, I look up oneshots or manga with very few chapters that I can finish on the same day. Here are my favourite oneshots and oneshot collections, in no particular order.

Beautiful People by Mitsukazu Mihara is a one volume manga with six stories. The best is the last, but all of them are great and profound stories. Each of them can touch you in some way or another.
Le théâtre de A, from Asumiko Nakamura, has a different art style than most manga, but in a good way. They are very different stories, but all beautiful. A manga that has made me smile after a very long time of not doing so with a manga in my hand.
Natsukashi Machi's Rozione Sumomo Yumeka presents four charming, melancholy chapters that explore the trickling of time and the machinations of the heart.
If you prefer shounen-ai, Cello Mello is one of the best of it's genre. Six stories from Tohru Tagura that are very well drawn (I kept more than one image for my collection of favourite pictures) that leave you wishing for more.
Read Hotel if you prefer sci-fi. In my opinion, the first story is the best, but all of them are interconnected somehow. The stories are what you call thought-provoking.
Akazukin to Yasashii Ookami is great also. There are no words, only pictures, and it keeps surprising you when you figure out what's happening. It really leaves you empty at the end.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario